*Please read the important notice below about our services:
Welcome to Main Street
Main Street Community Services is a registered charity that valiantly attempts to address a critical need by developing and implementing comprehensive, research-based programs for individuals who are challenged by a disability or an exceptionality. MSCS proudly operates 12 residential homes in Ottawa West, including in Kanata, Stittsville, Carp, and Richmond. Both full-time care and respite services are provided within these homes. MSCS also offers a Social Learning Day Program, Adult Day Program, Developmental Day Program, and an After School Program, Summer Camp, and a March Break Camp in Kanata, and Youth Groups in the Ottawa area. The team at Main Street Community Services remains dedicated to broadening horizons, developing talents, promoting self-esteem and teaching essential life-preparation skills by extending a hand of hope to individuals and their families.
To celebrate the individuality of children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities and complex mental health needs through the implementation of comprehensive innovative programs and services focused on improving quality of life.
We are committed to meeting individual needs, community collectiveness and putting humanitarianism back into social services.
- To increase an individual’s personal self-determination and improve their own independence through person-centered planning.
- To embrace the individual needs of families.
- To always respect the dignity of individuals.
- To honour individuals as valued members of their community
- To recognize and respond to the goals and priorities of the individuals and families.
- To provide flexible and creative support that reflects changing goals and priorities.
- To provide programs that involves the individuals in their community networks and personal relationships.
- To promote autonomy for people and families to make decisions that reflects their life situations, needs, and beliefs.
- To be culturally competent.
- To provide and maintain a transparent service.
- To embrace humanitarianism in all aspects of the business.
Impact on the Community
At Main Street Community Services, we take great pride in providing quality, research based and effective programs to individuals. We are dedicated to providing all of our clients with opportunities for skill development, healthy relationship building, and recreation, all of which are critical for individuals with Disabilities. The dedication of everyone at Main Street Community Services has allowed us to play a pivotal role in supporting individuals to reach their full potential. It takes believing in these individuals to realize the impact the community can have and that is why at Main Street Community Services,