Join our Team
Together we can make a difference
At Main Street Community Services, we believe that our staff is our greatest asset and best resource for serving our Clients. Over the years, we have helped hundreds of families thanks to our dedicated team, who are at the heart of our mission, vision, and goals. As a member of our team, you’ll have the uniquely rewarding opportunity to help people grow and achieve their goals.
What We Offer
A Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Being champions for inclusion, we believe in incorporating equality, fairness, and respect into everything we do – both with our Clients and our staff. We also know that a diverse team fuelled by different perspectives makes us stronger and better able to serve our community. That’s why we are committed to fostering a healthy work environment and embracing the diversity within our community and our team.
We know that a hard-working team deserves high-quality and rewarding benefits. That’s why we provide a first-rate benefits package with comprehensive offerings for you and your family. From unexpected family illnesses to taking care of your mental wellness, we’re here to support you and help provide peace of mind.
Our full compensation package includes a competitive salary, health benefits, flexible scheduling to improve work-life balance, bereavement days, and, for management-level positions, a pension plan.
We also want to ensure that Client needs aren’t the only ones you’re addressing and that you take care of your own well-being. Our robust Employee Assistance Program provides team members with confidential access to a range of professional services to help with personal or professional challenges.
What Our Employees Have to Say
Incorporating equality, fairness, and respect into everything we do – both with our Clients and our staff.
- Developmental Service Worker diploma, Social Service Worker diploma, Child and Youth Worker diploma, or university degree in a related field
- Experience working directly with clients with intellectual exceptionalities and/or complex needs and behaviours
- CPR Level C and Basic First Aid
- Vulnerable Persons Police Sector Check
- Knowledge of community resources and essential regulations
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interprofessional team
- Knowledge of behavioural analysis and intervention
- Experience with counselling and crisis management
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills for analyzing situations and finding solutions
- Demonstrates compassion and patience
- Proven communication and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Flexibility and able to adapt to Clients’ changing needs
In need of community volunteer hours, or just want to join a fun and motivated team and have a passion for helping others? Then we want to hear from you!
We are always looking for volunteers who share our vision. Our volunteers help with fundraising events and support Clients in their daily activities. All of our volunteers play a key role in providing compassionate and effective programs to our Clients.
To apply to volunteer at Main Street Community Services, contact email@example.com.